Your next step into an interesting future! Would you like to take an important step in your academic career? Here you will find the best conditions for that!
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business), the largest business university in the European Union, is located at the heart of Europe. The university maintains an excellent position as a center for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty. The Institute for Social Change and Sustainability (IGN) is currently inviting applications for a
PREDOC POSITION IN RESEARCH PROJECT
Area of responsibility
- Contributing to the research project “Urban Experiments in Socio-Ecological Change” (see project description at IGN “News”: www.wu.ac.at/en/ign/institute-head/news/ )
- Writing a doctoral thesis that relates to the research project and/or the IGN agenda (see IGN Academic Mission Statement: www.wu.ac.at/en/ign/academic-mission-statement)
- Literature reviews and empirical research
- Contributing to publications as well as publishing independently
- Co-organizing international conferences and events at the IGN
- Presenting at conferences and outreach to media
- Strong BA and MA degree in the social sciences
- Relevant prior knowledge in one or more of the following areas: environmental sociology, sustainability, urban studies, social and/or political theory
- Experience in empirical social research
- Excellent command of English and German
- Experience that relates to the above mentioned responsibilities
- Familiarity with the IGN agenda (see IGN Website: www.wu.ac.at/en/ign)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills
Gross monthly salary, paid 14 times per year: € 2.095,95 (recognition of previous employment – if relevant to the advertised position – possible). This position will be limited to a period of 3 years, starting on January 1, 2019.
For informal inquiries, please contact the project leader: Professor Ingolfur Blühdorn.
Application materials can be submitted online until November 7, 2018 at the following web address: www.wu.ac.at/jobs (Reference Number 3753).
We are looking forward to your application!